We understand that a family matter can be daunting and often very emotional so a little preparation can alleviate your stress. After your preliminary meeting or phone discussion with our lawyer Amra Sabou, we will send you a Retainer Agreement containing several documents that you need to read. Once the applicable documents have been filled out, a meeting will be organised to begin the process which is where preparation plays a role. Below are 6 easy check points that you can follow:
- Write a list of specific questions you have.
- Bring a pen and paper to write down any advice our lawyer will give you.
- Have an idea of the contribution made by each party in the relationship.
- Summary of your current assets and liabilities.
- A value of your current assets and liabilities.
- Copy of your superannuation balance.
Your time spent with our lawyer should be effective and efficient so please bring as many documents as possible with you.
If you are yet to speak to a lawyer about your family matter then it is important you obtain legal advice as soon as possible. You need to understand your entitlements and time restrictions your matter might have. Likewise, the above information can be of benefit to you so that you know what to expect for future meetings.
Stanley & Co. Lawyers offer free initial consultations where our understanding and well experienced Family Lawyers will be able to guide you through the process.