Stanley & Co. Lawyers is obligated to ensure all your information is treated confidentially, and all personal information is dealt with in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Why do we collect your personal information?
When you enquire about or receive legal services, we record your information, primarily to assess your requirements for legal services. If you become a client of Stanley & Co. Lawyers, we then use your information to provide legal services.
We also use and may disclose your information for the following purposes:
- To consider and respond to other enquiries made by you to us;
- To help us develop and identify products and services that may interest you;
- To provide you with information about products, services, news and publications (including newsletters distributed on behalf of Stanley & Co. Lawyers), or recommend legal products and services;
- To maintain our relationship with you;
- To conduct market or client satisfaction research;
- To perform our internal administration and operation tasks, including accounting, reporting, risk management, record keeping, archiving, systems development and testing, and staff training; or
- To comply with legislative or regulatory requirements.
Collection of your information is essential for us to service your relationship with us and our business operations. Without your information, we would not be able to provide you with our products and services.
We may also disclose some of your information to the following types of organisations (including individuals):
- Your agents, including other legal advisers;
- Your executor, administrator, trustee, guardian or attorney;
- Regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement agencies and courts; or
- Other parties we are authorised or required by law to disclose information to.
How can you gain access to the information?
You can access your information by contacting our privacy officer at any time during business hours, either by telephone or letter, using the contact details listed below.
75 Angas Street, Adelaide SA 5000; (08) 7001 6135; email us